Rashtriya Military School (RMS)
Rashtriya Military Schools are fully residential public schools affiliated to CBSE and functions under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence. These schools are well-known for providing quality education to the young minds and contributing a considerable part of cadets to the Armed Forces.
- For both girls and boys.
- For Class VI: The age of candidates should not be less than 10 years and more than 11 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- For Class IX: The age of candidates should not be less than 13 years and more than 14 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- For Class XI: The age of candidates should not be less than 15 years and more than 16 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
Admission Procedure: There will be a common entrance test for admission into class VI and IX In December. Admission to class XI will be based upon class X board exam result. There will be no written test for admission to class XI.
The Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is a military school for boys and girls situated in Doon Valley, Dehradun in India. The RIMC is a feeder institution for the National Defence Academy, Indian Naval Academy and subsequently the Indian Armed Forces. It is affiliated to CBSE.
- For both boys and girls.
- The school offers entry to class VIII only. The required educational qualification and age criteria are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: At the time of joining, candidates must be studying in class 7 or have passed class 7 from a recognized school.
- Age Criteria: The age of candidates should not be less than 111/2 years and more than 13 years as on 01 (Jan) or 01 (July) of the term they join.
Admission Process: Candidates need to submit application forms to respective state Governments. They are selected based on their performance in an All India Entrance Examination. The exam is conducted twice a year and consists of Mathematics (200 marks), English (125 marks) and General Knowledge (75 marks). Shortlisted candidates would be invited to attend the Viva Voce test of 50 marks.
The Sainik Schools are a system of schools in India established and managed by the Sainik Schools Society under Ministry of Defence . Sainik Schools, along with 1 RIMC and 5 RMS (Rashtriya Military Schools), contribute 25% to 30% officer cadets to NDA and INA. These are affiliated to CBSE.
- For both boys and girls.
- For class VI: The age of candidates should be between 10 & 12 years as on 31st March of the year of admission.
- For class IX: The age of candidates should be between 13 & 15 years as on 31st March of the year of admission.
Admission Process: Candidates have to appear in All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE) for admission to class VI and IX.